Saturday, July 31, 2010

Exhausted!

I'm so tired and so hungry. I can't begin to tell you how much I could eat right now. But I won't go into that right now.

First, here's what I did today:

Woke up at 6AM and went for a short run/walk followed by an AA meeting in Gulf Breeze. After that I went to Pensacola State College track and ran a quarter mile then went for a short swim in the pool. By then it was time for STEAK! I got a nice sized Beef Loin from Winn Dixie (they ARE the BEEF PEOPLE after all!) and fixed that for lunch, but I was still hungry so I ate a bag of Doritos but I don't think that qualifies as real food. After all that exercise I felt like my blood sugar was dropping as a result of consuming one of those awesome NOS drinks. The only problem is that I'm borderline diabetic and if I have too much of those sugary energy drinks I can experience a rapid spike in blood sugar and then a CRASH that leaves me feeling jittery and confused. So I quickly made a fruit salad with fresh figs, strawberries, cottage cheese and whipped cream. WHAT? WHIPPED CREAM? Yes, you heard me...WHIPPED freakin' CREAM!!! I will never give it up...it's the only thing I live for...LOL. Seriously, I have given up crack, alcohol, heroin, cigarettes, coffee and lying, so give me a break okay?

After that I felt a lot better. Publix had fresh figs this week and I bought 2 boxes...in fact I got the LAST box!!!

I got the sudden urge to go to Bay Bluffs and climb the stairs but they were undergoing repairs so as soon as I got to the bottom of the stairs I had to turn around and go right back up which was just fine with me seeing as how it was only my "Mind" that wanted to do stair work- my body was not having any part of that stair action!

I called my mom and talked to her for an hour and it was a great talk. My daughter had a few lines in a play yesterday. I was sad that I couldn't be there but very happy that she got to enjoy being in a play.

Finally, the highlight of my day was going to Church service at Cokesbury UMC. They have a great progressive Christian rock band led by Associate Pastor Stuart Worth. The sermon was on the book of ACTS which was cool because that happens to be what I've been reading. Afterward the church had a little gathering called "Snack Saturday" with lots of good finger food and since I'm always hungry now, that was perfect. I got to make some new friends and talk with some old ones I haven't seen since I went to Celebrate Recovery.

And now, it's finallly bedtime but I'm a little too amped up to go to bed so I guess I'll see what's happening on Facebook (my last addiction...)

peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment