Saturday, August 21, 2010

Six Mile Ride Today!

I always get on http://www.weather.com/ and check to see what the heat index is going to be before going out for any type of exercise. I live in Pensacola, which of late, has become less like Lower Alabama and more like the Tropic of Cancer. It's like a steam bath and I don't get along well with heat. I'm a little ornery to begin with, heat just makes me more so.

When I saw that the temp was going to drop to 79 degrees at 2pm today I jumped for joy! Time for a long overdue bike ride! I went three miles up Bayou Boulevard to St. Paul Catholic Church, stopped for a moment and looked at the stained glass windows, remembered my childhood in the Catholic church, memories which I cherish and then got back on the bike and came home.

At first I wasn't sure if I had the strength to make it home. It's mostly an uphill ride all the way back. By the time I was around the corner from my house, I was calling out for "Jesus," "Mommy" or anyone else who could help peel me off the floor.

It's been at least a year since I've done a six mile ride, and I think I went a wee bit over the edge. But, at least I will sleep tonight. My body is exhuasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment