Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Don't Want No Stinkin HFCS in My Powerade

GATORADE ELIMINATES HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP

I picked up a bottle of POWERADE at Winn Dixie yesterday because they were 10 for $10. When I got home, I discovered that the little bugger had High Fructose Corn Syrup in it. I threw it out. It was like throwing a dollar in the toilet. I hate that. Even Lance Armstrong's "FRS" stuff is loaded with crap I don't want in my stomach. I'm trying to get lean and mean...not get addicted to more substances. I swear HFCS is worse than crack. After having a dose of HFCS I feel like a homocidal maniac. I hate that stuff!

So when I went to Gatorade's website, I was pleased to learn that they have eliminated HFCS! Yay!!!

In order to better serve the desire of many athletes, Gatorade will be removing high fructose corn syrup1 from both Gatorade Thirst Quencher and G2® over the next few months. By replacing HFCS with sucrose and dextrose2, we can offer improved taste and premium quality without affecting the performance athletes have come to expect from us for over 40 years.

To learn about how Gatorade Performance Kits can further serve the needs of your athletes, please visit www.gatorade.com/coaches.

1. the source of fructose and glucose 2. provides a blend of sucrose, glucose and fructose

GATORADE and LIGHTNING BOLT DESIGN are registered trademarks of S-VC, Inc. © 2010 S-VC, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment