Sunday, August 22, 2010

Disciple 13

I like the name Disciple 13. It sounds like a cool rock band. There is a Christian rock band called Disciple. That has nothing to do with this post. I'm just sayin.

Anyway....

When I turned my life over to Jesus Christ, that included my body. It was amazing how my appetite changed afterward. I no longer wanted to eat all the time. I didn't crave donuts every morning. Coffee became a luxury instead of a sought after morning buzz.

God gave me the gift of running in order to give me that rush I used to get from coffee, food and drugs. (Now if only He would give me the gift of 75 degree weather...)

Running is something I do for the temple of God that is my body.

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
-JIM ROHN

No comments:

Post a Comment