Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Long Week

I have spent the last week hiding from the heat wave. I did five miles this week and am determined to do more next week.

My plan includes biking to my AA meetings in the morning on Tuesday and Thursdays (2 miles there and 2 miles back) and running 3 miles a day along with swimming on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I won't be able to run all three miles at once, I'll break it up into 1.5 miles twice a day. I'm still in the run/walk phase of my training.

I did go from being able to only run 1/5th of a mile at one time, to being able to run 3/5ths of a mile and today I ran 3/4 so I've gone from 20% to 60% to 75% in the two weeks I've been training. I can't wait to be able to run a whole mile without having crack lung. Don't laugh. It's not funny. I've abused my body for so many years that my lungs are screaming, "WHAT THE F%$$% ARE YOU DOING TO US??"

Sorry guys, I'm just trying to be healthy and live longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment